Eye Exams Near You in Santa Clarita, California
Visiting Your Eye Care Professional
Whether you or a loved ones are having their first eye exam, a repeat eye exam, or are seeing a new eye doctor for the first time, there are a number of routine questions you can expect. But your answers to these questions during eye exams are anything but routine for your eye doctor.
That’s because there are any number of factors in your medical history that can contribute to current or potential vision problems. Understanding your lifestyle and any visual problems you’re experiencing helps point your eye exam in the right direction. There are also certain medical conditions, medications and circumstances that can put you or your family member at a higher risk for certain eye diseases.
What to Ask Your Optometrist?
We think it's essential for you to get the most out of your eye exams. That's why we've included a range of questions for you to ask prior or during your next appointment.
Questions to ask before your eye exam
- Do you accept my insurance plan’s vision coverage?
- Is payment required at the time of service?
- What will my eye exam entail?
- How long should I expect to be there?
- Will my pupils be dilated?
- What should I bring with me?
Questions to ask during your eye exam
- Given my age, eye condition and other risk factors, how often should I have my eyes examined?
- At what age should I start to schedule my children for regular eye exams?
- What lens designs and options are a good fit for me?
- Can my glasses block UV rays?
- Do all sunglasses protect my eyes from UV rays?
- What are photochromic lenses and are they a good option for me?
Things To Remember
It’s always a good idea to bring any of the following (if available) to your eye exam appointment:
- Your insurance card/insurance information
- A list of all medications, vitamins and other supplements you are taking
- Prescription glasses you currently own
- A copy of your latest eyeglass prescription
- Information on frames you like or lenses you’ve researched
Don’t forget, if participating in a flexible spending account program, you may be able to use the account to pay for portions of your eye care not covered directly by your insurance plan. Ask our receptionist for details.
Eye Emergencies in Santa Clarita
Should you ever experience an eye emergency, we are here to help. Our office provides emergency services for eye infections, eye injuries and other eye emergencies. State of the art equipment allows us to examine the front surface of the eye and also digitally scan inside the eye for infection or damage. We accommodate many eye emergencies such as:
- Eye infections
- Foreign materials stuck in the eyes
- Eye trauma
- Scratched eyes
- Sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes
- Lost or broken contact lenses or eyeglasses
- Flashes of light in the vision
- “Floaters” in the vision
- Red or painful eyes
- Dislodged contact lenses
- Uncomfortable, itchy, or irritated eyes
Contact Peak Eyecare Optometry in Santa Clarita for any eye emergency you or your loved one may have.